A spiritual awakening is when one has become aware and has awakened or who is going through the stages of an awakening. They will become more aware of themselves on a much deeper and higher level and what is real. The person going through the awakening will suddenly have a deeper awareness of what is going on around them and of themselves and they will be more aware of their life experiences and the lessons they have learnt from these experiences and the reasons why. The person will start to feel more at one with themselves and everything around them and they may feel more contented and at peace with their surroundings, themselves and with other people.
The person will start to accept who they are and let go of any hurt, anger and negative feelings that they had towards their life and people and they will gradually go through a healing process of their heart, soul and mind. The person will suddenly start seeing the world in a different way and their previous views and opinions may change drastically. A spiritual awakening can be very life changing for a person especially if that person was not spiritual to begin with.
An awakening can strip a person of previous beliefs, feelings and life views causing them to see the world and themselves in a whole new light. Well being a positive experience towards the end of the awakening, at first the awakening can be quite disruptive, shocking and upsetting to a person and their life because it forces them to take a deeper a look at themselves, face their fears, re-live any bad experiences and memories and forces them to see things in a way that they previously never thought. The awakening can be very confusing and so powerful that the person may question themselves and even their sanity due to the symptoms that occur during the awakening.
These kinds of changes can be quite unsettling at first and may take many months or even years of soul searching before the person starts to feel more at one and have feelings of serenity. A spiritual awakening can be spontaneous or caused by a profound spiritual experience or an event in a person’s life, a loss or a near death experience. The spiritual awakening process sparks the activation of awareness and once someone have completed their spiritual awakening and they go and look back on their life before the awakening began they may see how much they were just existing in robot mode, a spiritual awakening brings them out of this robot mode and in to awareness mode which wakes them up and they start to exist with a new and positive lease of life.
When a person begins their spiritual awakening they will go through different stages of the awakening before they get to the last stage which will be completion of the spiritual awakening. Because everyone is different and reacts differently to a spiritual awakening the time frame of each stage of the awakening will vary from one person to the next. A spiritual awakening can take days or even years till the awakening process is completed.
Below is the different stages of a spiritual awakening.
Awareness has not begun. In this stage the person has no spiritual awareness but eventually everyone will then start at stage 1 which is when the spiritual awakening begins and which will then go on to lead to higher awareness being achieved by stage 5. The awareness may or may not begin in their current lifetime but it will happen eventually if not in this lifetime but another.
Trigger/spontaneous awakening. A spiritual awakening is often triggered by something experienced which had a deep effect in the mind of the person going through the awakening but an awakening can also happen spontaneously too. A trigger can be the loss of a loved one, a near death experience, a spiritual experience or some other event or situation that had a profound effect on the person going through the awakening. Most spiritual awakenings are caused through some sort of shock event or experience that had a deep effect on the person’s soul. The spiritual awakening now begins brought on either through a trigger event or spontaneously.
Shock and upheaval. The start of the spiritual awakening will be a huge shock to the system especially if it was triggered by an event such as the loss of a loved one or a near death experience. The person going through the awakening will experience a revelation and a realisation which may be very overwhelming emotionally for them and the person will start to become aware in a way they never was before. They will now begin to question things in a serious way such as life and death, the afterlife, God, spirituality, their own life and lives of others, the world they live in and themselves and the event that triggered their awakening. Awareness is now activated and the beginning of the awareness process now starts in stage 2 of the spiritual awakening.
Chakras begin to open. In stage 3 of the awakening the chakras will now begin to open one at a time as energy pulses through each of the 7 chakras, the energy centres of the body. The opening of each chakra will now cause the symptoms of the spiritual awakening below. The symptoms can either be mild or life affecting and it is in stage 3 where people may begin to even question their own sanity due to the intensity of the symptoms. Stage 3 of the awakening is for the most the hardest of all the stages because of the affect the symptoms can have on the person physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.
Stage 3 can be dramatic and traumatic and can take its toll on the mind and body and It can be a very confusing and disruptive time. It is in stage 3 that you will really need to take care of yourself, take lots of rest when possible and eat and drink well. If the emotional and mental symptoms of the awakening is too much to bare because of old and difficult memories cropping up or because you are doubting and worrying about what is happening to you it may help to speak to someone who can help you deal with these feelings. There are lots of spiritual forums online where you can find like-minded people to speak to if you can’t talk to anyone else at home but it is important that if stage 3 is affecting your life in such a way where you are struggling to do day to day stuff then it may be worth speaking to a GP or a councillor because stage 3 is when you will start to take a deeper look at yourself which for some may be very hard to cope with if they already have low self- esteem, confidence and a negative view on themselves and also this stage may cause upsetting memories to resurface which may be too painful to deal with by self. Awareness continues as the chakras begin to open one by one causing many physical, emotional, mental and spiritual symptoms.
Healing process begins. Once the difficulties of stage 3 is almost over the person going through the spiritual awakening will now go through a healing process of the body and the mind. After all the disruption of stage 3, stage 4 will be a welcome relief. It is in stage 4 when the person will now start to accept who they are, their past, their life, their experiences and they will begin to love themselves because they will now be learning acceptance not just with themselves but with life in general without feeling bitter and resentful. They will also start to lose all the anger, hurt, pain and judgements that they have been carrying around not only at themselves but towards other people too. They will begin to see themselves, others and the world they live in, in a whole new and positive light and they may now start to change their views and opinions on life and on others that they had previously before. They are continuing to become aware and will go through a huge and positive transformation in this stage. The symptoms from stage 3 have now started to calm down but there will still be many symptoms but they should be easier to handle now as the body goes through the healing process. Awareness continues as the healing process now begins.
Spiritual awakening completed. In stage 5 the spiritual awakening has now completed and the person now has awareness like they have never before. This stage is a wonderful stage to be in because it will turn a person’s life around in a complete and positive way. The person will now feel happier with who they are and will accept and love who they are, they will not be quick to judge others but will now have compassion and empathy towards other people, animals and nature. In stage 5 they will have now realised that they are connected to every living thing on this planet and beyond. They will realise that nothing and no one is separate and that we were all created together by the same source, and that even though people may have different names for that source, it is still the same source which we all came from and will go back to eventually. The spiritual awakening process is now completed and although the person is now awakened they will continue to become more aware as they progress through their life learning new lessons and developing their soul but now with a new and different prospective than they had before.
Symptoms of a spiritual awakening
1) Tingling hands or feet
2) Heart palpitations/racing heart
3) Tingling in the third eye area located in between the eyes
4) Warm palms or feet
5) Headaches, backaches and general aches and pains which are not caused by an illness
6) Changes in weight and eating habits
7) Food intolerances and allergies which was once never a problem
8) Skin eruptions, rashes, body tingling and itchy skin
9) Pain, numbness and feelings of vibration and electricity going through the body
10) Dizzy spells and a feeling of lightness
11) Feeling more tired and needing to rest a lot more than normal
12) Memory loss and forgetfulness
13) Changes in energy levels
14) A feeling of having waves of energy going through the body
15) A feeling of having brain fog
16) Feelings of pressure inside the head. Head may feel like it might explode
17) Night sweats
18) Enhancement of physical senses such as smell, sight and hearing
19) May look younger
20) Hair and nails may grow at a faster rate
21) Changes in sleep patterns. May experience restless sleep and waking up two or three times during the night
22) Changes in bowel movements. May have bouts of diarrhea
23) Sinus and ear trouble
1) Sudden waves of emotions
2) Sudden feelings of sadness then happiness, depression or elation
3) A feeling of being on an emotional roller coaster ride
4) Intense mood swings
5) Supressed and forgotten memories and old stuff may suddenly resurface causing waves of sad or happy emotions
6) Emotional confusion
7) Feelings of great joy and bliss
8) Crying outbursts without a reason
9) Wanting to withdrawal from family and friends
10) Feelings of loneliness, disconnection and being different from others
11) Loss of motivation and may feel like not doing anything and feel there is no point
12) Feeling irritable, angry and impatient
13) Feeling that your life is out of control and is in a mess
1) A feeling of losing the mind
2) A feeling of going insane and losing control
3) Feelings of fear
4) May suddenly hear voices that don’t feel is coming from yourself
5) May feel like you are going crazy at times
1) Dreams may be more vivid and intense. May have very spiritual dreams and dreams of angels, guides and deceased loved ones
2) May suddenly be able to hear and communicate with guides, angels and deceased loved ones
3) May feel more empathetic and sensitive towards other people’s feelings
4) Questioning life and why you are here and have an intense feeling and urge to find out what your life purpose is
5) A feeling of being different suddenly from friends and family
6) May realise what your life purpose is and go on to fulfil it
7) Synchronicity and coincidences may start to occur all around you
8) A feeling of being a different person to previously
9) Paranormal activity, sensing presences, seeing guides, angels, deceased loved ones and other spirit beings and spirit lights and a higher awareness of the spiritual world
10) Feeling closer to animals and nature and at one with everything
11) Has an intense urge to find your soul mate/twinflame
12) You may start to experience conscious and spontaneous out of body experiences (OBEs)
13) Has a higher awareness, knowing and perception of things
14) You may drop old friends that you have outgrown and make new ones who feel the same way you do now
15) You may start to see colours in your mind’s eye and in peripheral vision
16) Suddenly find yourself interested in healing, crystals, tarot cards and other forms of divination and of spiritual topics
17) You may want to start taking better care of your body and start eating healthily and exercising more
18) May become aware of psychic gifts, healing abilities and other gifts that previously was unaware off and have the urge to use them
19) Has a strong urge to spread awareness and share personal experiences with others and speak your truth
20) You may experience the blue pearl-this is a tiny blue dot seen in the mind’s eye or peripheral vision or directly in front of you
21) Teachers or people who can advise and help you with your spiritual journal may suddenly turn up
22) An intense urge to discover spiritual truths and yearning for meaning and purpose
23) Wanting to make life changes, breaking old habits and routines and starting new more fulfilling things
Further symptoms of SA...Thanks to arlene of spiritualawakening.com
• An increase in occurrences - (there aren't any coincidences) An increase in psychic, mediumistic, clairvoyant, and intuitive skills.
• Acute sensitivity to negative energy around specific people or environments.
• A desire to "find yourself", change your social group, behavior, job etc. Sudden extreme sensitivity to people or crowds. You may find that your once sociable nature suddenly disappears and you simply cannot bear to be with certain friends, family members, colleagues, or coworkers.
• Sudden awareness of recurring patterns or relationships- A noticeable inability to tolerate someone with whom you have had a previously close relationship.
• Sudden inexplicable panic or anxiety attacks occurring at any time with no valid reason. A feeling that something has changed within you.
• Acute sensitivity to shopping malls or crowded environments such as restaurants, clubs, festivals, and so on.
• Extreme sensitivity to mobile and digital phones, laptops, computers, wireless routers, and all microwave technology, as well as certain types of lighting.
• Zoning out for long periods of time with an overpowering need to sit and do nothing. (This often occurs as a result of our consciousness spending increasing amounts of time in the fourth and fifth dimensions.)
• Changes in your energy levels-The need to rest and sleep for much longer than usual or sudden insomnia in normally sound sleepers.
• Falling asleep and then waking in the middle of the night at or around the same time, feeling wide awake and needing to be up, and oddly not being tired the next day as expected. (This is a sign of your consciousness adapting to new cycles of activity.)
• Strange electrical energy coursing through the body or body parts like legs or arms. (This is caused by the raised frequencies from the Galactic centre flooding the planet. These energies assist in the process of rewiring the physical and Light-Body in order to carry higher vibrating energies.)
• A whole range of physical experiences caused by detoxification as the body continues to release years of physical, karmic, emotional, and mental toxic waste, producing symptoms including: fatigue and exhaustion;excess thirst; stomach upsets, including cramps, headaches, especially at the base of the skull and migraines with pains over the crown and in one or both eyes; muscle, neck, and shoulder pains.
• Dizziness, balance problems, and feeling spacey (triggered by being in higher states of consciousness).
• Shaking. • Increased appetite, either putting on weight, maintaining it or losing it no matter how much or little you eat. (This is because the body needs huge amounts of fuel for the process of shifting from the third to fifth dimensional frequency.)
• Sudden cravings for foods and beverages you have not wanted or eaten for years or since childhood. (This helps us to release memories of stored trauma, or connects us to a pleasant memory which creates a momentary shift in our consciousness to enable a release to take place.)