Translate

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

SHOCK & AWE !!!



I sure do write about a lot of very sensitive things here on this blog...nearly every week I hear from someone who cannot believe some of the things I write about.  That makes my day honestly.  Humility and I are close friends.  Perhaps if more people wrote about the "out of the box" things we all experience we might actually make some progress in this world.

Today I wanted to share with you my continued journey with yet another sensitive topic.  HPV.  Don't feel uncomfortable about it, I don't because what I am about to tell you in this article will blow your mind.

Last reports indicate nearly 80% of the human population is infected with HPV.  (cdc.gov). So stop rationalizing it away and please pay attention.

Human papillomavirus (HPV) is a DNA virus from the papillomavirus family that is capable of infecting humans. Like all papillomaviruses, HPVs establish productive infections only in keratinocytes of the skin or mucous membranes. Most HPV infections are subclinical and will cause no physical symptoms; however, in some people subclinical infections will become clinical and may cause benign papillomas (such as warts [verrucae] or squamous cell papilloma), premalignant lesions that will drive to cancers of the cervixvulvavaginapenisoropharynx and anus.[1][2][3] In particular, HPV16 and HPV18 are known to cause around 70% of cervical cancer cases.[4][5]  source wikipedia 

HPV wasn't always called HPV...years ago when I first discovered my issue with the virus it was called Genital Warts. In 1987 I had a wart removed from my scrotum and I moved on with life with a lesson tucked neatly in my pocket. Although in retrospect I clearly didn't learn my lesson well enough. lol

Yes, mortifying and embarrassing to discuss and not many do,  but I think it is time to face the issue head on. If I can talk about the humility of contracting HIV then I guess we can talk about HPV and the recent changes in understanding it.  Genital Warts were in the old days traditionally burned off or frozen off and life resumed as normal. Not much different these days actually.  Today there are wider implications about the virus and the correlation to some cancers.  The shit got real suddenly and it probably needed to I suspect. Not unlike the evolution of HIV which was always considered a "gay" disease...yea...not so much there either.

Many know that having being diagnosed so late with HIV my immune system has not recovered.  I barely have 200 t cells which in proportion to a normal immune system is about one tenth.  Of course I have always been anything but normal so I don't worry about it too much.  Quite honestly worrying doesn't do anything but steal your peace in the moment and I honestly don't have the time for it. But I assure you if my story isn't a reason to get tested...then there may be nothing else that will convince you...but as always I still try.

Having one tenth of an immune system is problematic obviously despite all the crazy healing I have experienced with a variety of illnesses and diseases. Had I been tested earlier for HIV this wouldn't be an issue.   So I wanted to share this amazing example of how simple things can be when we open our eyes and our minds and pay attention.

During my journey to survive End Stage Aids over the past five years one major component of illness was the reemergence of the HPV (among many things) virus inside me due to my lack of immune system.  More often than not HPV rarely manifests with most people because their immune system keeps it at bay.  You may never see symptoms which is obviously a major component to why its spread so widely to a staggering 80% of the population.  Many will read this and say "NO,  not me", I know I would have previously.  But reality has a way of tickling our intuition so for those of you living in the reality of good old fashioned odds I will share with you this.

Over the past 2 years I have had eight surgeries to remove HPV from my rectum and other parts of my body.  Every time we removed it...it came back three to five months later.  I am sure you can understand my frustration with the issue.  Eight rectal surgeries.!!!!...I wouldn't wish "one" on my worst enemy.  It is honestly one brutal recovery.  I will spare you the details of how difficult it is to heal when everyday you have to go to the bathroom through an open wound.  Let that one sink in a bit would ya.  lol  A constant reoccurring message begging to remind me of my frailty it seems. I do pay attention, although this was hard to ignore.

Seems impossible to me today to think back to eight separate rectal surgeries to remove HPV from my body but it was more than just HPV.  Several times the biopsy of the removed tissue indicated Squamous Cell Carcinoma which appears to be the natural transition of HPV for many- especially for those with a limited immune system.  If physical symptoms aren't removed or addressed accordingly it can,  and more often than not,  will progress to this carcinoma.  Sobering I assure you.  No one likes the word Carcinoma.  A guy with a tenth of your immune system especially. So like a sheep I was led into the surgery over and over and over again.

Three months after my eighth surgical intervention at the Mayo Clinic. It once again reemerged and we tentatively scheduled the ninth accordingly.  In my awakening since my NDE I have explored alternative therapies more than once and this issue was screaming for a fresh look.  So without delay I looked into some alternatives on this issue as well.

There were holistic alternatives that kept crossing my path although I was sure The Mayo clinic would be the first to mention it...NOT SO MUCH...But over and over again I kept running into articles about Apple Cider Vinegar being used to treat Warts for centuries.  Most wouldn't give it a second look.  I know previously I didn't either especially when The Mayo Clinic is treating you, Surely it would have come up eight surgeries ago if it worked, right?  Not so much there either.

With zero concern and quite honestly nothing to lose,  I waded into the Apple Cider Vinegar idea with great hope.  I went to bed for four nights with a paper towel soaked in it and tucked neatly into the crack of my butt....(sorry for the visual, lol).  It wasn't the most pleasant experience I have to admit. There was pain...but the pain in my proverbial ass has been going on for a couple years so what the hell. Other than some stinging and smelling like Salt & Vinegar potato chips I figured whats the worse that can happen?  Although I fell asleep more than once with tears streaming down my cheeks.  It was a far cry than the blood streaming down my other set of cheeks so I grinned and bared it.

Each day after in the shower I noticed a decrease in displaced tissue.  You see I didn't just get warts with my compromised immune system from HPV.  My warts immediately graduated to open lesions and that pesky Carcinoma we talked of earlier.  Exhausting really.  But like all things...I do nothing half assed...lmao

Hold onto your butts here:
So imagine my pleasant surprise when after a week I noticed that the lesions(warts) weren't just better...they were completely GONE.  Yes, GONE.

Eight surgeries to hack them off and a common fucking kitchen condiment permanently removed them with a little discomfort and some open mindedness.  Imagine that.  It begs the question why Doctors would have mentioned it? I leave that to you to decide.  But it seems fairly obvious to me.

I wanted to wait to make sure before I posted this article.  It has been four months since my "Vinegar Therapy" and it remains gone.  Just imagine...This was once again an "out of the box" treatment that worked.  There is much to be said in many aspects to stepping out of the box so I obviously thought it was important to talk about it. Seems most of my survival and journey has been "out of the box".  I am perfectly happy about that I assure you. Reminds me everyday not to take positions, but to take an interest.  Most importantly to be pliable. It is virtually the only way to learn something new other than new experiences.  In our busy world new experiences are hard to come by these days it seems.  Ironical.

So once again I share my experience in hopes to make an impact with just one of you.  Oh the humility of it all.  Imagine that.  I hope it blows your mind like it does mine. Everyday I stop and think about my journey and I am reminded at the first feel of the warmth of the sun on my face everyday...THANK YOU.  I absolutely love my life.  WOW

There is one awkward side effect from the treatment that I must share and I'm pretty pissed about it honestly.  Sadly, I haven't been able to eat my favorite Salt & Vinegar potato chips since...but all things being equal...Ill find another favorite chip. lol

Hope your day is filled with hope and grace.  If you think, as always, that this article can help others...please feel free to share...and as always I encourage your comments and thoughts.

Please feel free to join us on Face book at
Twenty-Seconds
or visit us online at http://www.twenty-seconds.net/

Here are some other links of info regarding HPV
http://www.cdc.gov/STD/HPV/STDFact-HPV.htm

http://www.webmd.com/sexual-conditions/hpv-genital-warts/hpv-treatment-is-there-hpv-cure



 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your post. This post really help me a lot and I have learnt some new things from your blog. I am bookmark your blog for future visit.
    Work at Robert Greene Books Corp.

    ReplyDelete