Translate

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Lost Army Medals of the Dying FOUND and returned by Angels



"Life isn't a struggle...it's more of a wiggle"




Yea...this just happened πŸ˜œπŸ€—πŸ˜˜

In February 2011 I was diagnosed terminal and left for Vermont to be with family for the end of life treatment. Being so ill I left everything behind in North Carolina, all my personal belongings including a shadow box of my military service with my medals and awards. A very dear object for me but in such a state of health I let it all go. A year later as I still tried to survive the battle, I gave up and entered Hospice. One of the greatest surrenders of my life. 



At the same exact time a veteran in North Carolina at a garage sale came across a shadow box of Army medals and bought without a question.  It felt important to him..."Nothing" could stop him.  When the man got home later and took the shadow box apart as another intuitive calling. He found Inside the box a faded old newspaper article about a man who had been given his Army medals 50 years after WW2. That Man was my Father Adrian Tremblay. I had placed that article of my dads in the inside backing of MY OWN shadow box many years earlier to remind me of our family commitment to the brotherhood of military service.  A bond obviously even felt by complete strangers...forever.

Thinking the medals belonged to this ww2 vet,  and In a deep longing for this man, a complete passionate stranger felt compelled. He researched my dads name and found the closest relative he could and reached out to return the lost memory of service. He knew it was "beyond"important.

He found my Dads lineage in Ancestory.com and the reached out to the closest relative he thought he could find....The odds alone are outrageous.There are six children..let alone the intent needed...But you do have to like one aspect of technology...CONNECTIVITY!!!

The medals found there way to my Sister Jean by and through her daughter. For those of you who read the book you will understand the significance in the synchronicity. Jean has not had much to do with our family for many years and its been a secret but obviously painful aspect of our family tree. Although many of us still have no idea what it was even all about.  

But after my NDE it was a mission to try to heal this withering branch of my family tree by and through the book Twenty-Seconds.  I thought I had failed when I wrote my passionate book with messages from beyond about this topic. It has been a lingering issue for me that my message of forgiveness seemed to be lost in the pains of the past.  It just drove me crazy 'dying" knowing this crazy thing was happening inside my family. Six years later and I have survived but the thought of lingering issues within families has not...I still can remember what it was like to enter Hospice...All that mattered right then was FAMILY...

Last week my Sister Jean passed away...surrounded by her immediate family...But many of us, as always, were missing from supporting Jean and her family.  A choice she made clear repeatedly throughout the years.  I knew she was ill two years ago when I wrote the book...Again, I had hopes it might help her heal...help us all heal...
and it did...as always with time and divine guidance....but not in the way I expected...as always...I like that part...but it was, as always, exactly in the time, manner and sequence for people to actually FEEL IT...

A few days ago at a gathering of very select family and friends to honor the recent passing of my dear sister Jean this story came to lite. Jeans husband wanted to share the story of the medals and how they had arrived from a complete stranger.  How that moment had impacted Jean during her last few months.  the comfort...I wondered? 

The medals were MINE not Dads,  and I can feel them this moment in her warm hands bringing her peace. Two days after her death the secret to their ownership was revealed right there in that moment...like an explosion I am sure.... Comforting all who believe. Thanks Dad πŸ™πŸ»πŸ’πŸ’«πŸ˜‡ Thanks Jean for guiding that moment and welcome to heaven. Where all things are possible and forgiveness is all lite. πŸ’«
Forgiveness abounds...

All things happen for a reason. Typically many. I do like to pay attention to these things. The amazing grace of it all. Thank you for one more day. 




 I wrote a great deal about my family and Jean in my book.  I had hoped one message of my book was to help us heal together in the lite of forgiveness.  This was my message from Jean and I am forever grateful for the synchronicity...My message was received...and returned...I thank you Jean for that...I know the medals I let go on my death bed were returned by you after yours and that to me is powerful.

Some days I wonder about the amazing aspect of what one caring person can do to help another...the power in it all moves me beyond words someday's...but I do like to try...These medals found there way to my Sister Jean and then back to me this week...all perfectly timed to comfort each of us. As I hold the near worthless Medals in my hands I remember it all and I feel more than their worth..I feel their value...What it took to earn these medals and all they had seen along this journey of life...I feel the compassion of a stranger compelled to action. A stranger no more.  And hearts forever healed by it...Just imagine the difference you can make for another human being...

I might have only one match, but I can make an explosion ... 

Rachel Patten


Update: April 4, 2017...I finally had an opportunity to speak by phone with Hugh, the man who felt so compelled to return the medals he found at the yard sale in North Carolina today.  I doubt the coincidence can be overlooked that yesterday he just got out of the hospital after suffering a heart attack. If you still believe in coincidences...lol   I will never be able to describe the emotion in our conversation.  The absolute tenderness in the moment of understanding that we have met for a reason...MANY...We both wept like children as I told him the whole story...78 year old stranger and I on the phone crying away...That's powerful.  I thanked him more times than I can count but never nearly enough. There were six children he could have found, but he found Jean...and Jean found me...There was a quiet grace in our conversation and a knowing our journey together wasn't nearly done...seems Hugh will be resting and recuperating at home a bit.  My specialty actually...sooooo, I recommended a good book for him to read...and we laughed and laughed...
You know, such a moment of vulnerability between men.  Between tough old soldiers.  I am not sure at what point in my life I took on the notion that "vulnerability" was a weakness.  Most probably in The Army...lol  But the truth is...I was WRONG...I got over it...

Hugh believes the entire encounter was "DIVINE" ....I KNEW IT WAS and so will be the rest of our relationship.  We all do cross paths for a reason...and not just one...the question is ..."will we have the time...?




If you haven't read the book...I hope you get a chance...today marks the 21 st consecutive week on the Amazon bestseller list in genre...were so proud to offer this true story to the world..as many of you know we donate a dollar or a "buck" for every book sold to GAB Inc.  A non profit for HIV awareness and testing avocation.

We ask you if you have a minute to join us...one "buck" at a time...If you haven't taken the twenty-seconds to donate your "buck"  please visit us at http://www.twenty-seconds.net/  One by one we join together to make an impact on this disease and this world...We GAB about it...We hope you do too.

Thank you to the VETERANS...who continue the brotherhood we never can fully explain to those not there...but for those who took "a stand on that wall...prepared to do violence on our behalf."..Thank you !!!!
Brothers and Sisters...












Like a small boat
On the ocean
Sending big waves
Into motion
Like how a single word
Can make a heart open
I might only have one match
but I can make an explosion

And all those things I didn't say
Wrecking balls inside my brain
I will scream them loud tonight
Can you hear my voice this time

This is my fight song
Take back my life song
Prove I'm alright song
My power's turned on
Starting right now I'll be strong
I'll play my fight song
And I don't really care if nobody else believes
Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me

Losing friends and I'm chasing sleep
Everybody's worried about me
In too deep
Say I'm in too deep (in too deep)
And it's been two years
I miss my home
But there's a fire burning in my bones
Still believe
Yeah I still believe

And all those things I didn't say
Wrecking balls inside my brain
I will scream them loud tonight
Can you hear my voice this time

This is my fight song
Take back my life song
Prove I'm alright song
My power's turned on
Starting right now I'll be strong
I'll play my fight song
And I don't really care if nobody else believes
Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me

A lot of fight left in me

Like a small boat
On the ocean
Sending big waves
Into motion
Like how a single word
Can make a heart open
I might only have one match
but I can make an explosion

This is my fight song [Hey)
Take back my life song (Hey)
Prove I'm alright song(Hey)
My power's turned on
Starting right now I'll be strong (I'll be strong)
I'll play my fight song
And I don't really care if nobody else believes
Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me

No I've still got a lot of fight left in me


No comments:

Post a Comment